Mission Statement: Faith Baptist Church seeks to glorify God as we exalt the Lord, evangelize unbelievers and edify the saved.
Faith Baptist Church desires that our membership be growing more Christlike by developing…
- A heart for God.
Members with a developing personal relationship with God will demonstrate their love through private devotion and active participation in public worship and service.
- A heart for the lost.
Members with a developing compassion for the lost will express this love through personal evangelism and support of global missions.
- A heart for others.
Members with a developing spirit of true fellowship will manifest their love for believers through fulfilling the “one another” admonitions of Scripture.
- Biblical Authority – The Scripture is the sole rule for our beliefs and conduct. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- Discipleship – This is the Great Commission command. It is developing the image of Christ in self and others. (Mat. 28:19-20; 2 Tim. 2:2)
- Excellence – This is the attempt to model the superior quality of God in every area. It involves both discernment and dedicated development.(1 Cor. 10:31; Phil. 1:10; Col. 3:23)
- Integrity – This is the quality of being honest and transparent, and practicing sound Biblical principles and character. (Prov. 11:3; Rom. 12:17)
- Prayer – This is simply talking with God. It includes praise and petitions to our heavenly Father. (Eph. 6:18; 1 Thes. 5:17; 1 John 5:14-15)
- Preaching – This is proclaiming the truths of God’s Word. Preaching is the central and primary aspect of public ministry. (Rom. 10:14-15; 1 Cor. 1:18, 21)
- Service – This is the imitation of Christ by selfless acts of love for God and others. (Mark 10:45; Romans 12:1-2; Gal. 5:13; 1 Peter 4:10-11)
Faith Baptist Church is both fundamental and dispensational.
Fundamental describes our position on the Word of God.
Dispensational defines our interpretation of the Word of God.
Baptist explains our practices from the Word of God.
- We believe that the Scriptures are divinely inspired and as such are the sole authority for faith and practice.
- We believe in a Triune God. The Bible teaches that there is one God existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. Our redemption was provided by Christ’s finished work on the cross.
- We believe in the personal, bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ and his subsequent glorious ascension into heaven.
- We believe in the eternal security of the believer. Those who have been genuinely converted are kept by the power of God.
- We believe in the pretribulation rapture of the Church, when the Lord Jesus Christ will return in the air to catch his Bride away.
- We believe in the premillenial return of Jesus Christ to the earth to establish a kingdom over which he will reign for 1000 years.
- We believe that God has called His children to a life of personal holiness, which involves separation from the world.
- We believe that the local church is the divine instrument of God for the furtherance of His plan in these days.
**A complete doctrinal statement is available upon request.